Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tomato Fest Continues

So, as you may know, I just received a 20 pound box of Early Girl Tomatoes from Blue House Farm. I thought I would share with you some of the many things I have done with the tomatoes in the last 24 hours. First, I canned many of them (see prior post). I made a simple salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil with a little extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.



I also made a bit of bruschetta. I brushed extra virgin olive oil on slices of baguette. Heated the bread. And, topped it with a mixture of tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper.



Finally, I made grilled cheese with tomato.



I hope this gives you some ideas of what to do with the beautiful tomatoes that are available right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment