Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

Every week I post two recipes -- one quick and easy and one that is a bit more involved. This week I have two quick and easy recipes due to a soba noodle mishap that I do not want to recount here in detail. I'll just say this -- when I got my box last week I had big plans and my big new recipe didn't work out. But, no worries. This roasted cauliflower recipe is really nice. It's quick, it's easy, and it's delicious. I promise to you my fateful reader that I will not post any crap recipes. If I post a recipe that means I made it and it was really good and this cauliflower recipe is no exception.


I found this recipe on the website Simply Recipes (where I also found a really good homemade lemonade recipe). You just cut up cauliflower, sprinkle some lemon juice on it, add some salt & pepper, and then drizzle olive oil on it. Cook in a 400 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese -- that is it.


I had this with chicken sausage. It would be great on pasta. If you want to add an Indian flavor to this you could omit the parmesan cheese, melt some butter, sprinkle the butter with curry powder and lime juice, pour the curry lime butter on the roasted cauliflower, and garnish with cilantro.


So, next week I promise something special (that is if there are no further kitchen disasters along the way).

Roasted Cauliflower
from Simply Recipes

Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower
2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
Lemon juice from half a lemon
Olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower into florets and put in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss in the garlic. Sprinkle lemon juice over the cauliflower and drizzle each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2. Place baking sheet in the hot oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the top is brown. Test with a fork for desired doneness. Remove from oven and generously sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment